[SCIP] Installation SCIP Optimization Suite

Naga Venkata Chaitanya Gudapati - nagavenkata.gudapati@studio.unibo.it nagavenkata.gudapati at studio.unibo.it
Tue Nov 10 13:27:05 CET 2020

Hello Niklas,

You should install boost library before you install SCIP. Since you are using a macOS, you can install it using homebrew by the command

   brew install boost

and you can find more info about homebrew here https://brew.sh

You should also go ahead and install other libraries using homebrew like
gmp,
readline,
ncurses,
zlib

You can install the above easily using homebrew and you can google the installation commands.

Thanks and Regards,
Naga
________________________________
From: Scip <scip-bounces at zib.de> on behalf of Niklas Poech <niklas.poech at prod.uni-hannover.de>
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 11:53:48 AM
To: scip at zib.de <scip at zib.de>
Subject: [SCIP] Installation SCIP Optimization Suite

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have some trouble installing der SCIP Optimization Suite on my Macbook. I followed the instructions on this page: https://gcg.or.rwth-aachen.de/doc/INSTALL.html When I ran "make", the error "fatal error: 'boost/multiprecision/number.hpp' file not found" occured. I hope You can help me.

Sincerely,

Niklas Pöch