[SCIP] Seek help on JSCIPOpt

畔月 1048926106 at qq.com
Wed Nov 11 09:58:42 CET 2020

Dear developers:
I'm trying to install an interface of SCIP on java, and I am confusing about some steps.

first of all, I have downloaded JSCIPOpt-master and installed these softwares on my computer:
- SCIP Optimization Suite (7.0)
- Java JDK and My Eclipse
- C compiler(Visual Studio 2015 X64)
- CMake
Secondly, according to INSTALL.md in JSCIPOpt-master, I need to carry out the following steps :

1) Create a shared library of the [SCIP Optimization Suite](http://scip.zib.de/#download) by executing
```
   mkdir build
   cd build
   cmake ..
   make
```
in the SCIP Optimization Suite directory. This should have created all necessary libraries.

When I run these codes on cmd , the error shows that :
CMake Error: The source directory "C:/Program Files/SCIPOptSuite 7.0.0" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt. Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
Do I need to copy the sub files of JSCIPOpt-master to SCIP Optimization Suite directory , and then "Create a shared library of the [SCIP Optimization Suite]" ?
Or jump over this step?

The left steps are as follows.
2b) Building JSCIPOpt on Windows.
Compile the interface by executing the following commands:

```
   mkdir build
   cd build
   cmake .. -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" -DSCIP_DIR=<absolute path to SCIP Optimization Suite>/build
   cmake --build . --config <"Release" or "Debug">

```
Execute the examples via

```
    export PATH=$PATH:<absolute path to SCIP Optimization Suite>/build/bin/{Release,Debug}
    cd Release
    java -cp "scip.jar;examples.jar" <"Linear" or "Quadratic" or "Read" or "Multiknapsack">

```
Please note that the first command makes sure that java is finding the scip.dll of the SCIP Optimization Suite. Alternatively, it would be possible to copy the scip.dll next to jscip.dll in the Release (or Debug) directory.