[SCIP] Warm starts and variable hints

Antonia Chmiela chmiela at zib.de
Wed Aug 18 12:00:32 CEST 2021

Dear Marco,

thank you for your questions.

1. When you add a partial solution, it will always be stored right away, but solved later on (see Section 2.1.6 of the SCIP 4.0 release report: http://www.optimization-online.org/DB_FILE/2017/03/5895.pdf). To find out more information about how many solutions/incumbents were found by partial solutions, you need to look at the statistics of the heuristic „completesol“ in the log. The log can also tell you when completing a partial solution failed.

2. No, SCIP does not have something similar to „var hint“.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Best,
Antonia