[SCIP] Slow computation time for SCIP compared to fmincon

Marc Pfetsch pfetsch at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Mar 22 19:27:00 CET 2021

Hi Greg,

as you write: fmincon searches for a local optimium, but SCIP for a
global optimum. The latter is much harder.

If SCIP takes a long time to find a good primal solution you might want
to supply it with the solution of fmincon. Then SCIP will either prove
it to be globally optimal or find a better one.

Best

Marc