[SCIP] SoPlex Status Code -7

朱外明 zhuwaiming at mail.hfut.edu.cn
Wed May 12 14:30:19 CEST 2021

Hi,

I am using SoPlex 5.0.2 as a callable lib (coded in C++) to solve a LP problem.

The tested instance is truely simple. However, SoPlex reports:

"Error: SoPlex returned with status -7."

if I use  "row first column second" adding method, the outline code of which are as follows:

/*add rows*/
for (int k = 0; k < n; k++){
DSVector row(0);
model.addRowReal(LPRow(row, soplex::LPRow::Type::LESS_EQUAL, rhs));
}

/*add columns*/
for (int k = 0; k < m; k++){

        DSVector var(2);

        model.addColReal(LPCol(ege->distance, var, infinity, 0.0));
}

SoPlex will works well if I code follow the "column first row second" method, in which the same instance can be solved in 0.01 seconds.

I also tried the function 'SetRealParam' to set the time limit: "model.setRealParam(SoPlex::TIMELIMIT, 10);" . But still failed.

I need to use the "row first column second" method as there is a special structure in my formulation.

I much appreciate if anyone who tell me what is the most possible reason or what should I do to make SoPlex works.

Thanks a lot.

Regards!

Waiming Zhu
School of Management, Hefei University of Technology