[SCIP] SoPlex Status Code -7

Marc Pfetsch pfetsch at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu May 13 15:52:38 CEST 2021

Dear Waiming,

in SoPlex one should indeed always first include the columns, then the
rows. The run time overhead happens because of the internal data structures.

In your case, please reconsider whether it is at least possible to add
some columns up-front. From the times you indicate, it might be
advantageous to have a two-loop approach. In the first, you can count
the number of columns you need. Then you create the columns and then the
rows. Note that you can change properties of the columns later, so a
stand-in is possible.

Finally, you might consider solving the dual, where the roles of rows
and columns are flipped.

Hope this helps.

Best

Marc