[SCIP] Build problem: TBB

Franziska Schloesser schloesser at zib.de
Fri Feb 18 12:44:23 CET 2022

Dear k.briggs73,

In the documentation <https://scipopt.org/doc-8.0.0/html/md_INSTALL.php>
there is a link to papilo with an explanation of what tbb is

    If you want to compile SCIP yourself, it is recommended to download
    the SCIP Optimization Suite tarball from scipopt.org
    <https://scipopt.org/index.php#download> as it contains also the LP
    solver SoPlex <https://soplex.zib.de> and the presolver PaPILO
    <https://github.com/scipopt/papilo>.

and there is list of packages that you need to install for compiling
scip via cmake:

    Note: Here is a list of apt package requirements for ubuntu or
    debian users that want to build the entire SCIP Optimization Suite
    from source tarball:

    apt-get install wget cmake g++ m4 xz-utils libgmp-dev unzip
    zlib1g-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-serialization-dev
    libboost-regex-dev libboost-iostreams-dev libtbb-dev libreadline-dev
    pkg-config git liblapack-dev libgsl-dev flex bison libcliquer-dev
    gfortran file dpkg-dev libopenblas-dev rpm

By INSTALL file the README refers to INSTALL.md, sorry if that wasn't
clear.

As to the problem with setting PAPILO to off and still getting the TBB
error, I can't reproduce this with `cmake .. -DPAPILO=off`
Sometimes it can help to start in a fresh cmake build folder, as cmake
sometimes caches some dependencies. If this does not resolve your
problem, can you please provide the command that failed for you?

Best,
Franziska