[SCIP] Lack of initial estimation cuts by SOC constraint handler

liding xu lidingx.zz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:13:14 CEST 2022

Dear SCIP community,
   I am solving a maximization MINLP problem with: a concave signomial
objective function (geometric mean, \prod_{i in [n]} w_i^{1/n}), SOC
constraints (z^2<=xy, x,y >=0), linear constraints. SCIP seems to have a
numerical problem. The root node run outputs "(node 1) unresolved numerical
troubles in LP 3 -- using pseudo solution instead (loop 1)".

  I try to enable debugging output of two constraint handlers:
nlhdlr_convex.c and nlhdlr_soc.c. Both successfully detect the
SOC/signomial structure. However, soc handler does not generate any
estimation/initial cuts,  thus making the LP relaxation numerically ill. Do
you know the reason why cuts for soc are not generated? The problem's gms
file is attached.
  Thank you.

Best regards,
Liding Xu