[SCIP] Question about SCIP performance in a MIQCP model

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Sat Jul 16 13:02:37 CEST 2022

Hi,

if the solution reported by SCIP is indeed feasible, preferably without
any constraint violations, then there seems to be a problem with CPLEX.
You can try to feed the solution to CPLEX and see if it is accepted.

If the solution reported by SCIP is not feasible, then either there was
something wrong in setting up the problem in SCIP (that is, SCIP didn't
solve the problem you thought it would), or there were some wrong
reformulations happening in SCIP (so the feasible space that SCIP sees
was changed in an invalid way), or the solution is only feasible w.r.t.
tolerances and there is a no solution that satisfies all constraints
without any violations. For the last case, both infeasible and feasible
are valid results.

Stefan