[SCIP] Absolute value or root of linexpr

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Fri Nov 11 15:06:16 CET 2022

Hi,

I'm going to assume that this is about using SCIP via PySCIPOpt, due to
the mention of "linexpr" and since SCIP does not throw exceptions.

SCIP itself should be able to handle square roots and absolute value
functions in nonlinear constraints. If PySCIPOpt does not reformulate
nonlinear objective functions as constraint automatically, then try
doing this on your side.

Otherwise, a short code snippet to reproduce this problem could also be
useful. For PySCIPOpt, the issue tracker is at
https://github.com/scipopt/PySCIPOpt/issues

Stefan