[SCIP] How to use FiberSCIP and UG with SCIP 8.0.3?

Stefan Vigerske svigerske at gams.com
Thu Aug 3 11:05:18 CEST 2023

Hi,

as far as I remember, FiberSCIP comes as an executable only.
I once used it as a library, but it wasn't that straightforward to get
there.
Building the source into a library isn't that difficult. But then I
copied a lot from fscip.cpp and derived my own class from
ParaSCIP::ScipParaInitiator. I had to essentially copy the whole long
ScipParaInitiator::init() method to then customize it to my needs.

There were also some bugfixes in UG necessary, which are not all in the
UG that comes with SCIP OptSuite 8.0.3. I also have the impression that
a UG update will not be included in the next maintenance release of the
SCIP OptSuite, and I don't see UG mirrored on GitHub, so if there are
problems, you may want to check with Yuji to get the latest version.

If you're not already familiar with UG and SCIP and not happy to just
build source without an elaborate buildsystem provided, you may want to
consider using FiberSCIP as an executable only and communicate with it
via files.

Stefan