[SCIP] MatlabSCIPInterface on windows

Marc Pfetsch pfetsch at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue May 30 20:27:39 CEST 2023

Hi Jan!

> MinGW 6.3 is installed in my Matlab 2019b and 2022b. The SCIP bin folder
> is made available via
>
> setenv("PATH", getenv("PATH")+";C:\Program Files\SCIPOptSuite 8.0.3\bin");

This is not necessary - the binary is not used. The interface needs the
SCIP library.

> The custom install location is set to e.g. C:\Program Files\SCIPOptSuite
> 8.0.3

You mean that upon asking, you specify this path?

Can you please send me the output when you run "matlabSCIPInterace" (not
via the list).

> Mex compilation succeeds, but any problem that I run freezes Matlab in a
> busy state, for any of the SCIP 7.0.3 / 8.0.3 & Matlab 2019b / 2022b
> combinations.

Does the compilation output warnings?

> Do you have any idea what could be the cause of this problem? Is there a
> difference that I missed with the Matlab 2020a/b test setup you used?

Except that something went wrong earlier, it could be the MinGW compiler
is not set up correctly. Can you check whether the example from

https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/matlab_external/install-mingw-support-package.html

works?

Best

Marc