[SCIP] MatlabSCIPInterface on windows

Jan Goos Jan.goos at engibex.be
Tue May 30 15:04:34 CEST 2023

Hi all

I would like to call SCIP in Matlab for Windows. I was very happy when I found out about MatlabSCIPInterface<https://github.com/scipopt/MatlabSCIPInterface>, however I am unable to solve even the LP example problems.

I installed both SCIPOptSuite-7.0.3-win64-VS15.exe  and SCIPOptSuite-8.0.3-win64-VS15.exe to try out, and I can solve the quickstart example<https://www.scipopt.org/doc/html/index.php#QUICKSTART> via command console with both suites.
MinGW 6.3 is installed in my Matlab 2019b and 2022b. The SCIP bin folder is made available via
setenv("PATH", getenv("PATH")+";C:\Program Files\SCIPOptSuite 8.0.3\bin");
The custom install location is set to e.g. C:\Program Files\SCIPOptSuite 8.0.3

Mex compilation succeeds, but any problem that I run freezes Matlab in a busy state, for any of the SCIP 7.0.3 / 8.0.3 & Matlab 2019b / 2022b combinations.
Do you have any idea what could be the cause of this problem? Is there a difference that I missed with the Matlab 2020a/b test setup you used?

The quickstart example can be solved via a system call
system("scip -f simple.lp")
So it seems like MEX problem.

Best regards
J a n