[SCIP] Meaning of assertion assert(lp->validsollp == stat->lpcount)

Alexander Helber helber at or.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Oct 19 13:37:57 CEST 2023

Dear SCIP community,

I am working on a Benders Decomposition where I also implement a
propagator that tries to fix some variables by solving probing LPs. For
many instances this works without problem but sometimes, the assertion
`assert(lp->validsollp == stat->lpcount);` of the function
SCIPlpRemoveRedundantRows in line 15956 of `lp.c` is triggered. This
happens after my propagator was called, when SCIP resumes solving the
current node LP, but not every time. It does not seem to indicate any
big problems, as I seem to get correct solutions when I ignore the
assertion. If I do not use my propagator, the error does not seem to occur.

In any case, I wonder if someone has an idea what is going wrong and if
it may have negative consequences.

All the best,
Alex

--