[SCIP] Diving Heuristic Implementation

Lars Jaeger lars.jaeger at prod.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jul 16 14:32:33 CEST 2024

Dear SCIP-People,

I have a branch-and-price algorithm, with 3 different Pricers, 2 Heuristics
and one exact solving approach.

I have my own semi assignment branching-rule and everything is working fine.

Now I want to implement a diving heuristics, fixing one Variable to one
(different to my branching rule) and performing Columngeneration but only
with the heuristics, till no new column can be found.

And then fixate a second Variable to one

Repeat that till it’s infeasible, or integer feasible.

I know that I didn’t get a valid lower Bound during the heuristic, but I
have reason to expect a good performance in finding a primal solution.

Is there any implementation, or tips, how to implement such a heuristic?

I`d assume, this is quite a basic approach, so there should be something,
but I didn’t find it so far.

Please ask, if I forgot to mention some important details.

Thank you and best wishes,

Lars Jäger

Lars Jäger, M.Sc.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter