[Scip] Bilinear Constraints

Todd Niven toddniven at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 05:25:41 MET 2011

I have a model involving bilinear constraints (indeed the objective
function is a sum of bilinear terms) in flatzinc format. When solving
with SCIP, the following output is presented:

"Quadratic constraint handler does not have LAPACK for eigenvalue
computation. Will assume that matrices (with size > 2x2) are
indefinite."

Then SCIP continues to solve and eventually halts saying optimal
solution found. My question is this: has SCIP only found a local
optimal solution? If so, is there a way that SCIP can find global
optimal solutions for MIPs with bilinear constraints?

Thanks in advance.

Todd Niven