[Scip] SCIP solution parameters adjustment

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Fri Dec 21 14:28:58 MET 2012

Hi Yifan,

do you use the interactive shell of SCIP? If you type "set" in there,
you get the menu for parameter settings. In this first menu, you have to
choose the kind of parameter you want to change, e.g., parameters about
heuristics, cutting planes, numerics, limits, or global emphasis
settings. After that, you get to a sub-menu where you can change single
parameters of choose the actual plugin (like a specific heuristic), you
want to change some parameter for.

Probably most interesting for you are the following settings:
1) parameters in the "limits" submenu, e.g. absgap and gap
2) the global emphasis settings in the "emphasis" submenu

You can also play with emphasis settings for heuristics, separation and
presolving by, e.g., "set heuristics emph xyz", where xyz should be off,
fast, or aggressive. Those are "meta"-settings, you will see the actual
parameters changed when changing one of the emphasis settings. You can
write out all (changed) parameters by "set (diff)save xyz.set".

Have a great holiday!