[Scip] Early Branching issues

Stefan Heinz heinz at zib.de
Wed Feb 6 23:53:46 MET 2013

Hi Jose,

It should be possible to turn on the separation. The bool parameter you
changed from TRUE to FALSE has nothing to with turning on or off the
"OFF" mode.

http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.shtml#af91abf95639f1bf2022c11d13a032b10

It does the parameter change "quite" or not. Meaning with or without an
output via the message handler. You need to change the second parameter
to one of the followings:

* SCIP_PARAMSETTING_DEFAULT which are the default values of all
separating parameters

* SCIP_PARAMSETTING_FAST such that the time spend for separating is
decreased

* SCIP_PARAMSETTING_AGGRESSIVE such that the separating is done more
aggregative

* SCIP_PARAMSETTING_OFF which turn off all separating

Probably you want to try SCIP_PARAMSETTING_DEFAULT first.

Best Stefan