[Scip] consistent "double free" segfault with fscip

Yuji Shinano shinano at zib.de
Sat Oct 19 03:18:13 CEST 2013

Hi George,

I see, thank you very much for the good instance to debug.
Anyway, I have to know the bug and I am pleased to fix it.
FiberSCIP has a deterministic mode for debugging. I hope your instance
get the bug with the deterministic mode.
If I need your help, I will send you e-mail personally.
By the way, I think this top is not good for this mailing list,
this should be better to put bug-report.

I would like to recommend FiberSCIP and ParaSCIP usres
as follows in this opportunity:

1. I strongly recommend to use SCIP version 3.0.2 bug fix version released in this week.

Resetting of user interrupt flag was missing. This is a very small bug for SCIP users,
but it is a serious bug for FiberSCIP and ParaSCIP users. Current FiberSCIP and ParaSCIP
can interrupt a branch-and-bound node processing when the other solvers found a good feasible
solution. Therefore, if a sub-MIP, which leads to an optimal solution,
is assigned to such an interrupted solver, it may lose the optimal solution.

2 Please try to use SCIP first

FiberSCIP is not alway better even if it uses many cores.
You can see it in the following FiberSCIP paper.
http://opus4.kobv.de/opus4-zib/frontdoor/index/index/docId/4259

Best,
Yuji