[Scip] Best solution in pricing iteration

Gerald Gamrath gamrath at zib.de
Fri Jun 6 23:17:07 CEST 2014

Hi Jan,

SCIPgetBestSol() returns the best primal solution found so far, i.e.,
the best solution which fulfills all constraints, including integrality
restrictions. Therefore, it can happen that this solution does not
change during the solving process for some time until an LP solution
fulfills the integrality restrictions or a heuristic constructs a primal
solution.

The current LP solution, on the other hand, should change in (almost)
every pricing iteration. As you said, you can get the value of a single
variable in the LP relaxation solution via SCIPvarGetLPSol(). Moreover,
you can also create a (complete) solution initialized to the current LP
solution with SCIPcreateLPSol().