[Scip] Integer solution found in pricing stage

Stefan Heinz heinz at zib.de
Sat Nov 15 16:46:20 CET 2014

Hi Mehmet,

If an integer solution is found during the pricing loop the upper (primal)
bound is update accordingly.

As Gregor already indicated there is a heuristic timing which allows that
heuristics can run during the price loop:
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/type__timing_8h.php#a2d53e1adb5711e9abba16a495cad4993

For example simple rounding runs per default with that timing:
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html_devel/heur__simplerounding_8c.php

Besides that it is also possible to set an upper (primal) bound without
any primal solution in hand. Such a bound can be passed to SCIP via the
method SCIPupdateCutoffbound()
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.php#a254deea4e0be25d011db83004bd71262

or SCIPsetObjlimit()
http://scip.zib.de/doc/html/scip_8h.php#a3fd90b931b38d2d8f344114babc2a67e