[SCIP] [Scip] Question about column generation in scip

M. Farham pharham at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 14:48:13 CEST 2015

Dear Gerald,

Thank you for your kind response.
However, I got another problem. I am dealing with the VRP and I am trying
to add an initial column before solving the problem. In some cases, the
solver fails to find the optimal solution when the initial column is added
to the MP. I also noticed that sometimes, the dual bound is higher than the
primal bound at the final node for this minimization problem.

Marking the initial variable as deletable and setting 'lp/cleanupcolsroot'
and 'pricing/delvarsroot' parameters to TRUE did not help. But, if I reduce
the 'lp/colagelimit' value, the problem is solved to optimality and no
bound conflicts are observed (I have to set that parameter to 0 for some
instances to get the correct solution).

I have already checked the initial column for feasibility and I wonder why
this happens.

Bests,
Saleh

M Saleh F