[SCIP] SCIP JNI - JNIKnapsack example fails to run on an x86 architecture

David Rua drua at inesctec.pt
Thu Jun 23 18:00:21 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I don't know if this question was already put, so my apologies for that
beforehand if it was.

I'm trying to use the SCIP as an alternative solver to GLPK in a
raspberry PI platform. Due to some previous code development
restrictions the objective is to use the JNI of SCIP to run a MILP.
To that end, I have tried to compile the source code, of SCIPSuite in a
linux distro, only successfully using a x64 architecture.

Although the compilation in an x86 architecture is possible, when
running the JniKnapsack example of the SCIP JNI interface I keep getting
segmentation faults. This does not happen in the x64 counterpart.

This issue was partly reported by me in SO and the output of the
SEGFAULT can be checked there:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37964358/scip-jni-jniknapsack-example-fails-to-run

Since there is an x86 package version for download at the SCIP site I
guessing that something may not be correct with the SCIPSuite source code.

The broader question still stands: can we run SCIP in an ARM based
architecture like a raspberry PI?

Any thoughts on this are most welcomed!
Thanks.

Best,