[SCIP] Compile scip as standalone so I can use it in another machine

Matthias Miltenberger miltenberger at zib.de
Tue Feb 28 07:33:29 CET 2017

Dear Cristiano,

yes, this is possible. By default, SCIP compiles statically and (almost)
all third-party dependencies are included in the binary. So it should
work to compile it on your machine and copy the binary to another that
is running a similar system. Some dependencies will remain, for instance
those to system libraries like libc, but those are very likely to be
available on any Linux environment.

You might also want to check out our precompiled libraries and binaries
on our download page http://scip.zib.de/#download.

Another solution - if you can go without ZIMPL - is to compile SCIP like
this: make ZIMPL=false

all the best
Matthias

On 27.02.2017 21:47, Cristiano Arbex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully compield SCIP with IPOPT on my own personal laptop
> (Ubuntu 14.04).
>
> Is there a way, however, to compile SCIP as a single standalone
> executable file containing everything, all libraries? One that I can
> copy to another Ubuntu computer? Reason I'm asking is because I do not
> have root permissions in this other computer, and I can't, for
> instance, install flex which is required by ZIMPL.
>
> So ideally I would compile SCIP, copy the executable to this other
> computer and run it there. Is that possible?
>
> Thank you very much,
> Cristiano

Matthias Miltenberger
Zuse Institute Berlin