[SCIP] Getting All Feasible Solutions Programmatically (cons_countsols)

James Cussens james.cussens at york.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 12:31:22 CET 2017

Dear Samuel,

I don't agree with Jakob that it is impossible to expand the solutions if
not using the interactive shell. It is however difficult, at least I found
it so!

I recently had the same problem and I think I have C code which does the
expansion correctly for my SCIP project (using e.g. SCIPgetTransformedVar
and SCIPgetProbvarLinearSum ). Since we are in the same department we could
meet up and discuss the issue.

James

On 26 January 2017 at 11:20, Jakob Witzig <witzig at zib.de> wrote:

> Hi Samuel,
>
> writeExpandedSolutions() is an internal method and you not try to call
> this method from somewhere else. Getting all (expanded) solutions is only
> possible via the interactive shell.
>
> What is the issue with SCIPgetCountedSparseSols()?
>
> Cheers,
> Jakob
>
> Am 26.01.2017 um 12:09 schrieb Samuel Jiménez Gil:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to implement a countsols module programmatically but after
>> spending several days trying different things and reading former emails
>> on this topic, I am unable to call or reuse the code of
>> writeExpandedSolutions() once I get the SPARSE solutions from
>> SCIPgetCountedSparseSols().
>>
>> So I was wondering what can I do to get this sorted out or if you have
>> already a piece of code which integrates this issue.
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Samuel Jiménez Gil.
>> Ph.D. Student
>> Real-Time Systems Group, Department of Computer Science
>> University of York
>> Heslington
>> York, UK
>> YO10 5GH
>>
>>  Email disclaimer: http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm

> --
> Jakob Witzig
>
> Zuse Institute Berlin (ZIB)
>
> Division Mathematical Optimization and Scientific Information
> Research Group Mathematical Optimization Methods
>
> Takustrasse 7
> 14195 Berlin
>
> Tel. : +49 (0)30 84185-416
> Fax  : +49 (0)30 84185-269
> email: witzig at zib.de

James Cussens
Dept of Computer Science &
York Centre for Complex Systems Analysis
Room 326, The Hub, Deramore Lane            Tel    +44 (0)1904 325371
University of York                                        Fax  +44 (0)1904
500159
York YO10 5GE, UK                               http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/~jc
http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm