[SCIP] problem with objective value

sakib mondal sakib at hotmail.com
Wed May 24 14:48:33 CEST 2017

Hi,

I have a problem in which due to certain transformation, I have rewritten the objective function as a constraint.

Original problem is max exp(cx) st constraint set C1.

I rewrite it as max z st exp(cx)=z and constraint set C1.

Scip solves it without any error or warning message. However, when I check the objective value (model.getObjVal() ), it is always giving a value which is different from the actual value (I compute it from the  optimum x value).  Even if I change the problem parameters, model.getObjVal() gives the same value.

Also checked that model.getObjVal() is same as model.getVal(z)

Wondering what could be the problem.  Thanks a  lot for the help.

Regards

Sakib