[SCIP] parameters not all coped to subscip

James Cussens james.cussens at york.ac.uk
Mon Oct 22 14:58:22 CEST 2018

Dear SCIP,

I have a SCIP problem where I add many parameters.
I've noticed that the RINS and ALNS heuristics create a subscip (from the
main scip instance) using SCIPcopyLargeNeighborhoodSearch. One problem I
have encountered is that not all parameters from my main scip instance get
copied to the subscip, and this causes errors during the subscip solving
since e.g. I have a separator in one of my constraint handlers that asks
for a value from one of these uncopied parameters. All of SCIP's parameters
(in contrast to those added by my project code) get copied fine.

The parameters that I add during SCIPincludeConshdlr... for my constraint
handlers are copied (along with their current values), but not the
parameters  added during problem construction.

This is not a big problem, and indeed the value that my separator needs
should be stored in the constraint handler data (current code was an easy
hack). But I am interested to know whether this is intended behaviour or
not.

James

--
James Cussens