[SCIP] GCG and java

Marco Lübbecke marco.luebbecke at rwth-aachen.de
Sat Feb 23 14:20:58 CET 2019

Dear Omidi,

GCG does not come with a library yet (shame on us!), let alone a Java
library. The recent move to Cmake should have made life actually a bit
easier on Windows, but nonetheless, you need to read the SCIP installation
doc, learn about how to basically use Cmake, try it, and if it works:
voila; if it doesn't then contact us here to report on what you did, what
you expected, what happened, how we can reproduce it, etc.

We all grow in learning something new.

Take care, Marco

Am Sa., 23. Feb. 2019 um 13:54 Uhr schrieb abbas omidi <abb.omidi at gmail.com
>:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have tried to solve a MIP problem using column generation and I want to
> use GCG to solve it.
> I using java language with Eclipse IDE on win10. I read SCIP documentation
> but it's not clear about that. AFAIK, SCIP does not have a full java
> library such as Cplex or coin-or Clp.
> I have some question about that:
> 1) Could you tell me please, does SCIP GCG has a full java library for
> using in eclipse?
> 2) Is there any way to run GCG using java in windows without using Linux
> or Mac trigger such as Cmake or ... (I do not have enough knowledge about
> them).
>
> If there isn't any way to run it, I was wondering if, you could advise me
> to install SCIP GCG on the windows platform in an easy method.   :)
>
> Best regards
> Omidi. A

Prof. Dr. Marco Lübbecke
RWTH Aachen University