[SCIP] Running CG again without branching

Ngô Lan lan.ngo at aalto.fi
Tue Oct 29 21:38:17 CET 2019

Hi all,

I am implementing BPC using SCIP. Is it possible that during branching, I do not create any branch but only add variables and then start column generation again? My problem is that during my branching, it could be possible that there are still fractional variables but no other possible branching condition is found, then what I would like to do is for example fix the current fractional variables to 0 and then add a new variable that is a combination of those fractional variables. After that instead of creating new child nodes, I would like to run column generation. However, I don't know how to signal scip to do that. I have tried to return branching with result SCIP_DIDNOTRUN but then SCIP will continue with variable branching.

Thank you for your time.

Best,
Lan