[SCIP] Message: Cannot set feasibility tolerance to small value 1e-12 without GMP - using 1e-10

Stephen Mrenna mrenna at fnal.gov
Tue Apr 14 16:33:11 CEST 2020

Dear authors,

I have built SCIP and scipampl using cmake on a standard Linux platform.
(i.e. from the build directory, I used cmake, make, and then make scipampl.
Here is the full information printed out by scipampl:
SCIP version 7.0.0 [precision: 8 byte] [memory: block] [mode: optimized] [LP solver: SoPlex 5.0.0] [GitHash: 0bc4dc9c65]
Copyright (C) 2002-2020 Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum fuer Informationstechnik Berlin (ZIB)

External codes:
  Readline 6.2         GNU library for command line editing (gnu.org/s/readline)
  SoPlex 5.0.0         Linear Programming Solver developed at Zuse Institute Berlin (soplex.zib.de) [GitHash: 6535a3c8]
  CppAD 20180000.0     Algorithmic Differentiation of C++ algorithms developed by B. Bell (www.coin-or.org/CppAD)
  ZLIB 1.2.11          General purpose compression library by J. Gailly and M. Adler (zlib.net)
  GMP 6.2.0            GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library developed by T. Granlund (gmplib.org)
  ASL                  AMPL Solver Library developed by D. Gay (www.netlib.com/ampl)

number of parameters = 2607
non-default parameter settings:
numerics/feastol = 1e-12
presolving/maxrounds = 0
presolving/donotaggr = TRUE
concurrent/presolvebefore = FALSE
constraints/abspower/dualpresolve = FALSE
heuristics/multistart/maxiter = 1000

During the run, I see the following message:
Cannot set feasibility tolerance to small value 1e-12 without GMP - using 1e-10

How can I test if GMP was properly configured in the build?

Thank you,
Steve