[SCIP] Using barrier solver when linked to Gurobi?

Marc Pfetsch pfetsch at mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jun 29 09:30:38 CEST 2020

Hi Christian,

it seems that the barrier has some problem. You can get more information
by setting "display/lpinfo = true" within SCIP (either through a
parameter file or in the command line). Then the lp-solver will produce
output for each LP. Maybe you can spot what the problem is.

Two more notes:

- The warning "WARNING: LP solution value is above SCIP's infinity
value" is likely to come from the fact that the infinity value of Gurobi
is 1e30, while that for SCIP is 1e20.

- The interface to the barrier is definitely not as well-tested as the
simplex interfaces (because warmstart is more difficult, this option is
rarely chosen without crossover). So, there might still be a problem in
the interface. If this seems to be the case, you can write an email
directly to me or submit a bug report.

Best

Marc