[SCIP] Is there any guidance reference of Multi-threaded calculation or SCIPsolveParallel(scip)?

Melvin Shih melvinshih at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:06:45 CEST 2020

Dear SCIP team members,

I have built a model with SCIP in C++.
Using example data, default SCIP can quickly obtain optimal solution in
minutes.
Since the variables/constraints of the model increases, heavy calculation
effort is required and solving time obviously extends without surprise.
Therefore, I am studying branch-and-cut-and-price technical details through
SCIP Doxygen Documentation to create my rules.
It seem not easy to overcome in short time.

On the other hand, I put my model onto a High-Performance Computing Service.
It shows the usage of CPU is limited by C++.
Multi-threaded calculation should be able to help.
Also, ParaSCIP shows another option.
However, I am not able to connect the ideas between std::thread and
ParaSCIP.
SCIP_CALL(SCIPsolveParallel(scip) also has been tried and it doesn't work.
(system shows: SCIP was compiled without task processing interface.
Parallel solve not possible.)
Is there any example/evidence to include Multi-threaded calculation based
on my existing model?
I wonder what I can do before having my own rules.

Sicerely,

Melvin