[SCIP] Is there any guidance reference of Multi-threaded calculation or SCIPsolveParallel(scip)?

Ambros Gleixner gleixner at zib.de
Wed Oct 7 00:44:14 CEST 2020

Dear Melvin,

The usage of the concurrent solving mode is explained in

    https://scipopt.org/doc-7.0.1/html/CONCSCIP.php

To be able to call it, you need to configure your cmake with -DTPI=... /
-DTPI_DIR=..., see

    https://scipopt.org/doc-7.0.1/html/CMAKE.php

(E.g. clone https://github.com/tinycthread and "cmake -DTPI=tny
-DTPI=/path/to/tinycthread".)

Whether it helps performance will highly depend on your problem.  The
general effectiveness of concurrent optimization is rather limited.

The UG framework is independent of the concurrent parallelization mode
above.  Because it systematically parallelizes the branch-and-bound
search, it generally holds more potential, but also here it will depend
highly on your problem whether it can help.  The README in the UG
directory is a starting point for how to set it up technically.

Best regards,
Ambros