[SCIP] Problems reading NL files from Pyomo with Scipampl

Edwin Reynolds edwinsreynolds at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 11:27:57 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I have installed SCIP 7.0.2 and the AMPL interface from source on OSX, and
I am using it with Pyomo in Python. The interface is via .NL files. This
all works perfectly when my model is linear.

However, when I try to solve a non-linear problem, Scipampl cannot read it.

I have reproduced the issue with a very small quadratic problem - Python
code to generate the NL, and the NL itself are both attached.

When I use Scipampl from the command line on this NL file, I get a
segmentation fault. When I change the model to be linear, it works fine.

Do you know where I am going wrong? Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,
Edwin