[Scip] lp solver clock type (again)

Horváth Markó horvathmarko89 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 09:19:15 CET 2015

Dear all,

I have the same problem as in
http://listserv.zib.de/pipermail/scip/2015-February/002267.html (and
http://listserv.zib.de/pipermail/scip/2015-February/002268.html).
I'm using scip 3.1.1 with soplex 2.0.1. (on 1 thread).
I want to solve a MIP with 30 seconds time limit (i.e., limits/time was
set to 30) and with 5% gap limit (i.e., limits/gap was set to 0.05).
Because SCIP reaches the timelimit but finds no solution (actual
dualbound is finite (4920.1) and actual primalbound is infinite (1e+020)
in a minimization problem) I want to resolve (more precisely to continue
to solve) the problem with 100% gap limit (i.e., I set limits/time to
1e20 and set limits/gap to 1.0) but SCIP prints the following message:
WARNING: LP solver reached time limit, but SCIP time limit is not
exceeded yet; you might consider switching the clock type of SCIP.

I have found a temporary solution for the problem (I turned off the
timing of the lp solver, i.e., set SCIP_LPPAR_TIMING to 0), but I hope
there is an another solution.

Best regards,
Marko