[SCIP] My pricer is not being called :-(

Diego Delle Donne diegodd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 16:43:51 CEST 2019

Dear SCIP community,

I'm coding a Branch & Price. As a first approach, I was starting with just
one dummy binary variable representing a feasible solution (with a very bad
obj function cost) and everything worked fine. SCIP starts with this
variable as a feasible solution (primal bound), then call my pricing and at
some point (when my pricing says so), it closes the LP relaxation and
starts branching (if necessary).

Now, I want to start with a set of binary variables (obtained by an initial
heuristic approach) representing a better initial solution than this dummy
variable. So, I added these variables instead of the dummy variable. The
nice thing is that SCIP is able to get the initial feasible solution /
primal bound (by putting all these variables in 1). The bad thing is that
it is immediately closing the root node without calling my pricer (somehow
it uses this solution as the dual bound, which is not right). It ends up
saying that the problem is solved to optimality with my initial heuristic
solution (and I know for sure that this solution is not optimal in my
examples).

Any ideas on what am I doing wrong? :-(

Thanks in advance!
Diego